May 3, 2012 /
Got Social Skills? Social Media Summer Internship Opportunity
Type | Full-time (~30-40 Hrs/Week)
Term | Summer 2012
Location | Chicago, IL
Credit | Yes
Are you passionate about social media, marketing and entertainment? Is checking your Twitter account the first thing you do when you roll out of bed in the morning? Do you want to be part of a team that’s marketing an album launch for a major recording artist this summer?
Core Twelve Connect is looking for a social media enthusiast to join us in developing CREATIVE social media strategies and activations for some of biggest brands in the world. We want somebody with extensive knowledge and experience with a variety of social networks, including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Pinterest and Foursquare.
Here, we count on each individual (LIKE YOURSELF) to step-up and bring innovative ideas to the table. If you’re self-motivated, take initiative and somehow are never quite satisfied with just doing what’s “expected”, welcome home!
Responsibilities will include assisting in the management of client social properties, brainstorming for new contests and activations, generating online buzz and collaborating on BIG business development projects we have in the works... You will also assist with content and copy development for case studies, presentations and internal social media properties.
WHY INTERN WITH US?:
1. Besides the fact that we rarely have an open seat around here, the opportunity to grow – and learn – is unlimited. We are a creative agency with a refreshing atmosphere and great people who work HARD (and have fun doing it, because like what we do).
2. You’ll get to work with big name and up-and coming clients such as Nike, Mercedes-Benz, Mark Tremonti, FRET12, Guitarings and many more...
3. We thrive on complex business challenges that require the blazing of new trails... We’re constantly reinventing the wheel; pushing the creative envelope and bringing concepts to the table that are pretty cool to be a part of.
4. Our office is easily accessible by Blue, Red, Brown, Purple CTA train lines and a number of bus routes.
5. We frequently indulge in pizza party Fridays... Even though we’d rather be working.
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Comprehensive command of new media, social networking and cutting edge community tools and techniques
- Eagerness to experiment with new and alternative ways to leverage social media activities
- A strongly self-motivated team member who takes initiative
- Familiar with Adobe Creative Suite is a plus (Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Illustrator)
~30-40 hours a week, May through mid-August 2012. (Fairly flexible depending on student obligations).
A LITTLE ABOUT CORE TWELVE CONNECT:
Headquartered in Chicago, Core Twelve Connect develops social media solutions for some of the biggest brands in the world. We help brands leverage and create digital platforms to build engaged communities that support their digital marketing initiatives: www.core12connect.com
Please send applications and resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please submit the following (applications will not be evaluated otherwise):
- Resume, including GPA, relevant coursework and experience
- Cover letter highlighting your social media skills
- If applicable, links to social media/other relevant accounts you have managed
After the Core Twelve Connect team reviews each application. Selected candidates may be asked to schedule an in-person interview. Candidates will be responsible for their own expenses throughout the interview process and the internship. We strongly advocate that (in addition to an unreal learning experience) students receive academic credit in exchange for the unpaid internship.